These were so good and perfect little portion size. Serve it up with this easy brown rice because they basically cook for the same amount of time.
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground turkey
- 2 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 2 small grated carrots
- 1/2 onion, 1/4 grated and 1/4 sliced or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 handfuls of parsley, one for the meat, one for the rice
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 4 handfuls of arugula
- about 2 oz of goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a bowl combine the first 9 ingredients (use the grated 1/4 of the onion).
- In a small skillet cook the zucchini and sliced 1/4 onion until soft. Set aside and let cool.
- Roast your own red pepper on the stove top or used jarred. Slice into thin strips.
- The meat should make about 4 baseball sized portions. On a cutting board shape the meat flat and top with the cheese (reserving about a tab or small spoonful if making the rice as well), arugula, zucchini, onions and roasted red pepper.
- Roll up the meat and then seal the edges. Don't be afraid to get a handle on it and smoosh it around, just reshape into a small oval.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with non stick spray and then spray the meat loaves as well.
- Cook for 45 mins to an hour or until cooked through and browned.
|From start to beginning|
Cook off the brown rice as directed, when done add the other handful of parsley and last tab of goat cheese. Stir until combined.