I have tried sweet and sour chicken, chicken fajitas and tonight is sausage in sauce with pasta. I need to go food shopping asap, so not sure what the rest of the week will bring!
- about 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts (I think I had a bit less than 2 lbs)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipolte pepper in adobe, minced
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- spices: 2 tbsp cumin, 2 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp oregano, a pinch cayenne
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the chicken and the chicken stock.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. (When you add the spices try and sprinkle evenly over the chicken)
- Set on low for 5 hours (or anywhere between 4-8 hours. I try and not over do it with boneless chicken breasts because they tend to dry out a tad).
- When done, shred the chicken and mix in the juices. Serve on a tortilla and with any toppings you prefer! (I went with avocado, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes and cilantro)
Not only is this healthy, but super simple. I just gave my little sister a crockpot for her new home- so here's another recipe for ya Cait! :)