Well, I made it through another tax season and now I am all wrapped up in my wedding planning, so I apologize for the scarcity. Plus, we are in the process of selling our house and searching for a new one, so cooking time has been a bit lacking. Race season is (well, has already been) upon us, as well as trying to get back into shape for summer/honeymoon/just in general. So I love coming up with little recipes to help your body recover after lots of exertion, whether from racing your motorcycle, cycling at the gym or even just running after your little ones.
Not only is this a recipe, but also a review of this wonderful little organic peanut butter company named Pacific Beach Peanut Butter.
You can find them on Facebook, Twitter, and of courseeee Pinterest
And not only is this a review of these wonderful (and did i mention, cute and unique) jars full of peanut butter but all my wonderful loyal readers get:
One FREE jar with any purchase from their website!
*Limit 1 FREE jar per customer.*
Just use this code: blogger4
(Reader Code valid through May 16, 2013)
They have so many amazing flavor combos- but I will review three:
Organic Unsalted, Chocolate, and Chocolate Raspberry
I'll start with my least fav, the Chocolate. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I guess not what I expected. Really didn't do anything for me just straight out of the jar. But I did think it would be a great addition to recipes (which I did use in my bites).
Chocolate Raspberry was very decadent, it was almost like a fruity nutella- um, yea, delicious! Eat with fruit or crackers or anything.
I am a real basic type of person, so when it came to the unsalted regular peanut butter- I could have eaten the whole jar with just a spoon. My fiance said it was different because the texture was in between chunky and smooth peanut butter. Personally, I am a chunky fan, but this was definitely a nice switch up. The taste was fresh and clean. You really taste the amazingness of these peanuts (which by the way was the ONLY ingredient! Another amazing perk)
|Wanna Spoon? haha I LOVE IT!|
I recently switched from those "less fat" peanut butters to all organic natural peanut butters, because even though it is full fat, you are eating natural ingredients you can pronounce- the only thing in your peanut butter should be peanuts! (and salt) So when PB PB (haha cute right?) contacted me about their peanuts butters, I was definitely in! And I am so glad I was because now I can pass along this amazing find to all you guys! AND you can get a free jar with a purchase! Score!
Now, here is a recipe using their great peanut butter, if you don't eat it all right out of the jar first ;)
- 1/3 c. or peanut butter (I used half organic unsalted and half chocolate)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2-3 tbsp of honey
- 2-3 tbsp of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 3/4 c. oats (I used rolled organic)
- 1 c. flour (I used AP flour, but you can use whole wheat if you want)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 4 tsp of flax seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, honey, oil and applesauce in one bowl.
- Mix oats, flour, baking soda, flax seeds, salt and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Mix the dry into the wet in two or three batches
- Drop about tbsp (or big tsp) sized balls onto the sheet.
- These are not going to spread out, they will cook exactly the shape and size you drop them onto the sheet as.
- Bake about 10 minutes until brown slightly on the edges and bottom.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
This makes about 28 bites (tbsp sized)
I take them in a little baggie for a snack right after the gym.