The combo of walnuts and blue cheese are a classic pairing and add such flavor and texture to a simple piece of chicken.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts- butterflied
- about 1/2 cup of blue cheese, crumbled
- about 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 pound of asparagus
- salt, fresh cracked pepper, oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Butterfly the chicken. You can pound them thin you want, I didn't bother this time.
- Stuff the chicken with the cheese and nuts.
- Roll up the chicken and secure with butcher's twine or toothpicks
- Coat the outside with oil, salt and lots of black pepper. The pepper makes this amazing crust that stands up to the bold flavor of the blue cheese.
- Cook until the juices run clear (about 160 degrees F) about 20-25 minutes
Serve on top of some brown rice or Bulgar wheat and you have a super tasty super easy dinner!