Super excited for this weekend! The future hubby and I are driving down to West Virginia to the Summit Point Motorsports Park for our first track day together of the year! Going for the whole weekend means a lot of food prep and BBQ'n! This week has been a clean out the fridge week because we will be gone close to five days or so. First one was the Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, then I made a rice, chicken and veggie casserole topped with cheddar cheese, and now this (plus the pearl barley summer salad)!
Will try and have a good portion of the weekend documented- for easy portable grill recipes and just so you guys can see what we do on our free time lol.
Not only is this recipe super easy AND healthy but it's basically a no cooking involved one. Perfect for those hot summer days/nights.
For the chicken I just season boneless skinless chicken breasts with some salt and pepper and throw on the grill, here's the sauce you top it off with (which is a no cook)
- 3/4 cup of non fat plain yogurt
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, grated or pasted
- pinch of fresh thyme
- pinch of lime or lemon zest (if making the pearl barley salad too you use the juice of this there)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of red pepper flake
- freshly cracked pepper
- Put everything into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- If too thick add a splash of milk, water, or citrus juice.
- If too thin add more yogurt.
- Serve over grilled chicken and alongside the Pearl Barley Summer Salad.