This makes 12 muffins. I was glad to see these rose a bit- the last muffin I made didn't rise as much as I thought- these were less dense. They weren't heavy but still filling, perfect for breakfast before a big track day or even a workout. The flavor wasn't like "pow in your face" but the subtle flavor of the banana and then the crunchy peanuts was really nice in this light and fluffy muffin. Really easy too- they aren't fussy at all- I just mix the wet, then the dry then all together, then bake!
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of bread flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/3 cup of super chunky peanut butter (you can use creamy if you want, just make sure you use all natural peanut butter i.e only 2 ingredients of peanuts and salt)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- 2/3 cup of fat free plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp of water (add this if the mixture is too dry)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In one bowl add all the wet ingredients. Mix
- In another bowl add all the dry ingredients. Mix
- Add the dry into the wet and mix just until incorporated.
- Fill cupcake tins.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When you take out of the oven remove the muffins from the tin and let cool on a cooling rack (otherwise the bottoms get soggy)