The Salad Wrap-Up
- 1 wrap of your choosing (I like the whole wheat or spinach) about 8 in diameter
- 1 to 2 slices of swiss cheese or provolone (any tangy cheese will do)
- 1 leaf/piece of romaine lettuce (or any leafy green you like)
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber (I prefer the seedless english cucumbers so I can leave the skin on)
- 1 carrot
- 1 avocado
- Red wine vinegar
- We need to prep the veggies first, except the avocado and lettuce (you can cut up the whole veggie and save some for the next wrap or just cut what you need). You can cut up these veggies anyway you like, butttttt the way I like it best is if you cut them all into small matchstick pieces- it lays in the wrap better and you get a taste of everything in each bite.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise- pop the pit out*- scoop out the flesh with the spoon and cut into about 4 to 5 strips lengthwise.
- Now time to assemble! Lay down the wrap, lay down the piece of lettuce, pile on the veggies (you don't need to use everything you cut, just enough to fill up the wrap), and then the avocado. Sprinkle with some kosher salt and drizzle a bit of red wine vinegar**, roll it up, cut on the bias (cut in half diagonally) and enjoy!
*Avocado pits can be tricky to pop out- cut in half length wise and then hold the half that has the pit in it with a towel in your hand face up towards you. Take a big sharp chef knife and chop down on the pit (not too forceful- you're just trying to get the knife and the pit to be stuck together a bit). Then just rotate your knife and avocado in separate directions and it comes out very easy. To get the pit off your knife just push it off from the top of the knife (not sharp end).
**I love the simple taste of just vinegar in this recipe, you definitely should try it, but if you think it's not for you- you can always substitute lite /fat-free Italian dressing (or really any other salad dressing you like)