Are you overwhelmed with big intricate holiday meals lately! Whip up a finger food friendly dinner while you whip out some more wrapped presents!
So here is a quick and easy impressive appetizer or finger food for you. Some nights my fiance and I like to chat over some beers and pick at finger foods, so I need to be on my toes with interesting finger food dinners. A couple weeks ago I made chicken and cheese biscuit pockets. This week I had some left over pizza dough in the fridge, which is always a good thing to have lying around- it is so versatile.
I must confess this is not an original idea, I did see it on a tv commercial once- some sort of Mexican twist with a puff pastry instead. Any dough, cheese or theme will work- it is just the fancy way of presenting it that's a winner.
AND I still have yet to purchase a new camera. I'm sorry I have been using my camera phone but I didn't want that to stop the blog! So we will have to make due until Santa brings me one ;)
- My homemade pizza dough
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded or cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced or diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- Pecorino cheese (or Parmesan)- about 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of salt
- Olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of oregano
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Make sure you are using cooked chicken. I just cut them up into bite sized pieces and sauteed until cooked through.
- Flour your working surface and then roll out your dough into a large rectangle shape.
- Transfer the dough with your rolling pin to a pizza pan or baking sheet BEFORE you start adding the other ingredients (believe me, I made this mistake and had to take everything off, then put back on)