I also prepared this the night before and just refrigerated it overnight. Then next day I just had my fiance pop in the oven and it was ready to eat when I got home from work.
Cabbage is a low calorie food that is packed with nutrition. Did I mention it's also super cheap! One cup of cabbage has only about 15 calories! It might be low cal, but it's high in Vitamins A, B, C and E, along with fiber and iron. This helps with digestion, skin, eyes, metabolism, and your immune system.
- One large head of cabbage. I used Savoy this time, but I have also used just regular plain green cabbage.
- about 2-3 pounds of your choice of ground meat- I used beef
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped small
- about one loose cup of Parmesan cheese (or two big handfuls)
- 1 (28oz) can of tomatoes (I used crushed, but use whatever you use for tomato sauce)
- 1-2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper for the "stuffing" and the sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F