So this isn't an original idea, but the first time I tried it and *omg* it was delish. Even my fiance gave it two thumbs way up. It was nutty and juicy. I served it with my healthy Sweet Tater Tots and Kale Chips.
Oh and first time pics with my new plates!!!!!!!!! ah super awesomenessssss!
- about 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/3 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and pop a wire cooling rack on it and spray with cooking spray.
- Put the nuts, spices, and flour in a food processor and pulse until all chopped up and mixed
- In one dish combine the egg and a splash of water. In another pour the nut/flour mixture.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then the nut/flour mixture. I did this twice- dipped twice, but that is a personal preference.
- Then lay on the rack or baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.